30 Oct Our Trumpf Sheetmaster Compact in Action
Our suite of Trumpf machines at Constant all have automatic sheet loading and removal machines including the Sheetmaster Compact installed on our TruPunch 3000 and the Liftmaster Compact with our TruLaser 3030 machine. This level of sheet metal automation allows us to work with skeleton staff over weekends and during the evenings, as well as increasing our capacity and flexibility to run large batch production runs and offering a quick turn-around on projects.
We wanted to have a look at how our Trumpf Sheetmaster Compact works through the automation process…
1) The TruPunch 3000 is about to finish punching and instructs the Sheetmaster Compact to prepare a new sheet of metal.
2) The Sheetmaster Compact lifts the new piece of metal.
3) The cut piece of metal on the machine bed moves into place under the new sheet of metal
4) The pallet of cut sheet metal pieces moves into place to ‘collect’ the newly cut piece of metalwork
5) Machine’s conveyor forks protrude to catch the piece of cut metalwork
6) The pallet of cut pieces is moved back into position on the holding pallet of processed parts.
7) The new piece of sheet metal is positioned automatically and aligned onto the bed of the punching machine.
8) Once the machine is happy and the metal sheet is in place, the sheet lifting plate withdraws, and the Sheetmaster Compact drops back down into its resting place.
Here’s the video of it, in full glory.