A Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Punch Press is ideal for small or large run sheet metal components. It can be a great alternative to building hard tooling and stamping parts with a standard press. By eliminating the need to build tools and perform manual labour, the CNC Punch Press can save time and money. The CNC Punch Press also offers flexibility to make design changes with fewer consequences. Constant Manufacturing by utilising TRUMPF CNC punch presses also benefits from low cost tool set ups and cost effective running costs. Twinned with automation to load and un-load both raw material and waste material TRUMPF CNC Punching services can really benefit bottom line part costs, especially considering our ability to run unmanned production “lights out”. Making the correct machine choice for both quality and cost considerations is and area where the experienced staff at Constant Manufacturing can help.
Constant Manufacturing’s CNC Punch presses are capable of producing the following operations
- Slotting and recessing
- Forming tabs
- Creating ribs
- Creating hinges
- Specialised tooling can be purchased if needed
Constant Manufacturing’s present sheet metal punching facility consists of one TRUMPF 5000 and one T200. The TRUMPF 5000 is linked to a flexible manufacturing cell (FMC). STOPA storage towers service the TRUMPF 5000 by feeding it with raw material.
The CNC punching facility can store up to 70 tonnes of a range of materials. The facility makes fully unmanned production a reality and increases the efficiency of the punching machine dramatically over a conventionally loaded manual punching machine.
- Sheet Master: Automated loading and unloading
- Grip Master: Removal of sheet skeletons and remainder strips
- Sort Master pallet: Sorted depositing of larger finished parts
- Sort Master Box: Sorting unit for smaller parts
- STOPA Store: Computer controlled storage facility for sheet material aiding increased storage capacity for unattended production
- Material thickness: 0.5mm up to 8mm
- Accuracy: Punching accuracy of 0.02mm
- CR4 (Mild steel) / Zintec / Galvanised steel / Aluminium
- Will CNC Punch Stainless steel / Copper / Brass / Pre-coated steel (Plastisol)
- Embossing / Ribbing / Part No. Stamping
- Forming / Countersinks / Thread forming
- Punching acceleration rate up to 1400 hits / min